Monday, February 11, 2008

Day #3:Melacca

Hello from Kuala Lumpur again!

I am really short on time because our bus for the Langkawi island in the north leaves in 30 minutes. Melacca was great, we have stayed in the best hostel I could dream off and only with 2,4 euros per person for double room! I will write more, if I find internet during the next days.

Malaysia is just wonderful!
In the central park of Melacca, people practicing Fa Lun Da Fa (not sure...mum?!)
One of the central spots of the city, where tourists and locals choose to move by pedicabs. They are even kitschier than what they look and the funniest is that they have loud music, according to the nationality of the guest!And in the night they have lights all over...neon and Xmas tree type!!
Melacca houses
China is here..and China is there...China is Everywhere!!(singing with the rhythm of the "Tsiwuawua" song).Seriously, this has been the perfect way to go back from China. A big part ofthe population here is Chinese, so every city has a China town and decorations of Chinese new Year!So the change is gradual, which is good!And Chinese food tastes better here. It is also a great advantage that people speak English, so that we can ask if the chicken is boneless or not (which also surprisingly quite often is!!!The ones who have been to China, know what I mean)



Working at the hostel


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally some pics... :)
I still can see the lack of suitable outfit...you completely forgot about "gra(ee)ce and harmony", walking around like that in the old house/yoga/studying trousers... :P

Of course you know that i'm just kidding, if anyone is to be forbidden to talk about style in extreme conditions...it's me (apart, maybe, from alex while he was here :D)

still missing you two while freezing my ass off...

Anonymous said...

Milaoushe:P

Greetings from the palm-tree beach, which is 2 minutes from our hostel! We are day and night in short sleeves and flip-flops.There is a complete lack of style, which I will soon explain with a post but still we are enjoying it!

I'll see when I can provide you with more pics of us in the beach.By the way, I am really very stuck with the thesis. I need you to walk in and bring me some luck, as you did previously!